On behalf of PEPFAR, Chemonics International Inc., under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM), Prime Contract AID-OAA-I-15-00004 / Task Order No AID-OAA-TO-15-00007, would like to formally announce the Request for Proposal (RFP) for the provision of reagents and consumables and all-inclusive services for viral load, early infant diagnosis (VL/EID) and other molecular tests. The RFP covers products and services worth more than $130 million annually. This includes all reagents & consumables procured for PEPFAR-supported countries, together with all-inclusive country services in 6 high-priority countries comprising 80% of PEPFAR volume: Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. All viral load and EID suppliers are highly encouraged to submit bids for this RFP, since the outcomes will significantly influence PEPFAR procurements for the next 2-3 years.
The RFP was released via email to molecular diagnostic vendors on Friday, February 8. A subsequent Bidders Information Call was held on Wednesday, February 13 to explain the purpose and scope of the solicitation. The written question and expression of interest submission deadline was on February 22. GHSC-PSM provided three updated Annexes and answers to questions via email directly to the interested offerors on Saturday, March 2. These amendments and response to questions are now posted online. If there are further queries, please continue to communicate with the Global RFP team through Global_VL_RFP@ghsc-psm.org.
Proposals must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. EST on Monday, April 8, 2019 to Global_VL_RFP@ghsc-psm.org.
Please note the public version of the RFP has been altered slightly from the version released to suppliers to remove procurement confidential country data. Interested Offerors, who have not already received the complete RFP, should request a copy by email to Global_VL_RFP@ghsc-psm.org.
Please find the RFP and Annexes linked below:
- Global VL EID RFP and Annexes 1-5 (PDF document) – the document that contains an introduction to the RFP, RFP overview, scope of work, and deliverables. This document also includes the following Annexes: Annex 1 – an example Basic Ordering Agreement, Annex 2 – Representations and Certifications, Annex 3 – Example Cover Letter, Annex 4 – Expression of Interest, and Annex 5 – DUNS and SAM Registration Guidance.
- Annex 6 – Technical submission template (Excel document) – form that specifies the standard service level expectations for the different service categories: instrument lease, installation and removal; maintenance, insurance, and ongoing end user training; connectivity and data reporting; commodity supply chain management; development pipeline, equipment upgrades, and capacity. Submission of a response is required to demonstrate ability to meet and/or exceed service level requirements and key performance indicators.
- Annex 7 – Pricing submission template (Excel document) – submission form to place bids on global reagents and consumables price, and country specific service pricing.
- Annex 8 – Viral Load Vendor Quality Assurance Assessment Questionnaire (PDF document) – quality assurance submission form, which will be part of the technical evaluation.
- Annex 9 – Instructions for Creating and Submitting a GHSC-QA Technical Questionnaire Submission (PDF document) – instructions.
- RFP Amendments and Response to Questions GHSC-PSM-TO1-2019-LAB-GlobalVL