The GHSC-PSM project issues this Request for Proposal (RFP) to all ARV pharmaceutical manufacturers eligible to offer US FDA-approved antiretroviral or tentatively approved antiretroviral products. The GHSC-QA eligible product list is the primary reference to ascertain the eligibility of sources.
In the past year, Chemonics has sourced most ARVs using an allocation methodology with upfront supplier-market allocations and target volume allocations for Dolutegravir/Lamivudine/Tenofovir DF 50/300/300 mg Tablet (TLD). In addition to expanding modified DAP/DDP incoterms procurements to all eligible products1, Chemonics implemented the Vendor Managed Solutions strategy, havings suppliers pre-position TLD in QA-approved warehouses to fulfill the demand of TLD from the Southern African region. Through this RFP, Chemonics aims to build on the successes of existing strategic approaches that encompass Annual Allocations, D-Term, and VMS programs, by:
• Establishing FCA fixed unit prices for twelve months for most ARVs (November 28, 2023 – November 27, 2024).
• Increasing the role that private sector ARV manufacturers play within the supply chain by establishing modified DAP and DDP incoterm pricing for all ARVs to the targeted D-Term countries (November 28, 2023 – November 27, 2024).
• Establishing an upfront allocation – primary, secondary, and tertiary (as applicable) –for most ARVs (November 28, 2023 – November 27, 2024) for each of the ten (10) D-Term countries and the Rest of the World.
• Allocate the GHSC-PSM global demand for TLD to a maximum of five (5) selected TLD suppliers for one year (November 28, 2023 – November 27, 2024).
• Allocate the GHSC-PSM Southern Africa demand for TLD to the three (3) established VMS Suppliers2 for one year (November 28, 2023 – November 27, 2024).
Questions or requests regarding this solicitation's technical or administrative requirements shall be submitted via the Discussions forum within Ivalua to all GHSC-PSM Staff participating in the Sourcing Event.
GHSC-PSM requires that all potential Suppliers/Offerors submit their questions to this RFP no later than August 21, 2024, at 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST). Questions will be consolidated, and detailed responses will be circulated to all bidders on August 25, 2025.
This RFP is divided into two lots as follows:
• (Lot 1) Establishing FCA Pricing, D-term Pricing, ARV Allocation, and the Allocation of 85% of Global TLD Demand (defined as TLD demand from countries outside of the Southern African Region earmarked for GHSC-PSM procurement).
• (Lot 2) Establishing Allocation of Southern Africa TLD Demand earmarked for GHSC-PSM Vendor Managed Solutions (VMS) suppliers. Solicitations to Lot 2 of this RFP shall be limited to the three (3) established VMS suppliers.
GHSC-PSM aims to adhere to the timelines (applicable to both Lot 1 and Lot 2)below:
GHSC-PSM Global RFP Open August 11, 2023
Deadline for Submission of Supplier/Offeror Questions August 21, 2023
Deadline for GHSC-PSM Answers August 25, 2023
GHSC-PSM Global RFP Close/Proposal Due Date September 8, 2023
Notification of Subcontract Awards (estimated) November 17, 2023
Chemonics/GHSC-PSM shall not compensate any Subcontractor or Offeror for responding to a solicitation. Chemonics reserves the right to notify and issue subcontract awards ahead of the target timeline above.”