GHSC-PSM is committed to incorporating lessons learned over the last decade of global health supply chain management and exploring industry innovations that will lead to better, more efficient supply chains. Central to achieving this goal is the implementation and use of global supply chain standards (namely GS1) for product identification, location identification, and product master data. Thus, adoption of global standards has become a central part of the GHSC program to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and improve the availability of health commodities worldwide.
For more information about global standards and GHSC-PSM's implementation of them, please see the following resources:
Global Standards Implementation Guidance for Suppliers
GHSC-PSM is implementing global standards for product identification, labeling, and data exchange for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, sterile kits, and laboratory reagents. The resources referenced below are intended to inform suppliers and other key stakeholders with technical guidance on how to comply with the GHSC-PSM contract requirement.
- Guideline: GHSC-PSM Terms & Conditions Article 3 (January 2018)
- Guideline: GHSC-PSM Global Standards Technical Implementation Guide (January 2018)
- Guideline: Announcement of Intention to Implement Global Standards for Product Identification, Labeling, and Data Exchange (May 2017)
In preparation for implementation, GHSC-PSM partnered with RC Partners, LLC to conduct a series of readiness assessments to inform the project’s strategy. Those deliverables can be found here:
- Report: Technical Review of the Ability of ARTMIS to Support GS1 Standards (February 2017)
- Report: Assessment of the USAID Supplier Base and the Ability of ARTMIS to Support GSI-compliant and Noncompliant Suppliers (February 2017)
- Report: Implementation Strategies for Engaging Suppliers and Capturing GS1 Data in ARTMIS (February 2017)
- Report: Summary of Key Findings and Additional Recommendations (February 2017)
- Presentation: Data Governance and Data Quality – Applying GS1 Best Practices to GHSC-PSM (February 2017)
Global Data Synchronization NetworkTM
GHSC-PSM will be using the GS1 Global Data Synchronization NetworkTM (GDSN) to exchange product master data on with suppliers. GHSC-PSM’s GDSN data pool provider is 1WorldSync. More information on how to sign up for the GDSN can be found at GHSC-PSM’s landing page: http://www.1worldsync.com/customer-page/ghsc-psm/
- GHSC-PSM GDSN Initiative Supplier Awareness Letter
- Guideline: GHSC-PSM Data Synchronization Attribute Guide, Version 1.2 (March 2018)
- Guideline: GHSC-PSM Data Synchronization Implementation Guide, Version 1.1 (January 2018)
- Guideline: GHSC-PSM Data Synchronization Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Version 1.1 (January 2018)
- GHSC-PSM Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) Submission Form
In preparation for implementation, GHSC-PSM partnered with our GDSN data pool provider, 1WorldSync, to prepare a series of reports to inform the project’s GDSN implementation strategy. Those deliverables can be found here:
- Report: A Detailed Work Plan for GDSN Implementation
- Report: GDSN Data Pool and Supplier Registration Strategy
- Report: GDSN-ARTMIS Integration Recommendation Report
- Report: Training Strategy for GDSN Data Pool and Supplier Data Collection Tools
Resources for National and Global Stakeholders
GHSC-PSM will be developing guidance documents for national and global stakeholders to support global standards implementations in national supply chains.
- Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) Program Product Master, Version 6 (April 2018)
- Report: Initial Guidance for USAID In-Country LMIS Projects (February 2017)
- Presentation: Initial Guidance for USAID In-Country LMIS Projects (February 2017)
- Report: Business Case for the Implementation of Global Standards (January 2018)
Through USAID, GHSC-PSM supports the harmonization of standards implementation across the global health community. The resources provided below have been produced and disseminated in support of broader global collaboration among stakeholders.
- Guidelines: Identification Recommendations for Reproductive Health Pharmaceutical Products, Version 1.1 (April 2017)
Training, Education, and Presentations
GHSC-PSM will continue to develop relevant trainings to support the implementation of global standards across the project and within USAID-supported countries. Available training materials and public presentations can be found below and will continue to be uploaded through the duration of the project.
- Presentation: Global GS1 Healthcare Conference 2018 - The GDSN Opportunity for Global Health
- Presentation: Global Health Supply Chain Summit 2017 - A Product by Any Other Name: How Data Standards Can Improve Our Supply Chains (November 2017)
- Tutorial: Global Standards for Supply Chain Data Visibility (November 2017)
- Tutorial: Supplier Summit 2017 - Implementation of GS1 Global Standards for Product Identification
- Tutorial: Supplier Summit 2017 - You Say Data, I Say Data